You May experience the following for 4 days
These symptoms are normal and part of the healing process
- Swelling and Redness
- Flaking and mild itchiness as the lips heal.
- Dry skin that may remain for up to 3 weeks. These symptoms are a normal part of the healing process.
Looking after your enhancement for the next 2 days
- Ice packs protected with fabric may be applied as necessary to reduce any swelling
Daily care to follow for 2 days
- Apply either a healing balm or Vaseline a minimum of 3 times a day, using a cotton bud. Wash your hands before applying the product and prevent cross contamination of the product
- We recommend that you use a gentle facial cleanser to freshen your skin during the first Do not splash wash your face. Do however clean your enhancement twice daily with damp cotton pads.
- If your enhancement gets wet, gently pat the area dry using a clean
- Keep your hair away from your enhancement to prevent the possibility of
- Some itching is DO NOT PICK, PEEL OR RUB your enhancement as the colour may heal unevenly and you could risk infection, which in turn could lead to scarring. Allow the colour to flake away by itself.
- Do not receive skincare beauty treatments for 5 days after the application of your
- No makeup should be applied close to your enhancement for 3 days. A
Avoid for 2 weeks
- Do not expose your enhancement to direct sun, tanning treatments, jacuzzis, saunas, salt water, chlorinated pools and direct shower
- Do not receive eylash tinting, permanent curling or artificial eyelash application .
- Loss of some eyelashes during the healing process is a possibility. Lost eyelashes will normally grow back within a 4 month
- Remember, your selected colour will be stronger and more sharply defined for 5 to 7 days after application but as the healing process occurs the colour will soften and lighten
- The approximate healing period is 14 However, healing can be prolonged if your immune system is compromised, if you are generally stressed and by poor diet.
- Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of colour is to be This is the purpose of the control visit allowing us to fine-tune your enhancement. This is included in the initial cost, however if you do not attend your scheduled re-touch appointment you will be charged a £50 fee for any further treatment. Cancellation notice is always 48 hours.
Long Term Care
- If you are planning a chemical peel, eye surgery or an MRI scan, please inform your doctor of your permanent cosmetics
- Please inform the National Blood Service if you donate blood, as you may not be eligible to give blood for a year post